Queen B has done it again! This morning she released her new ‘visual’ album LEMONADE. Based on love, pain, deceit, family, history and the story of black people all over the world she did not disappoint! When I watched this video I was ten minutes in and I got Goosebumps. Can I just say there was no holding back, Bey gave ART at its true form-RAW! We have to remember that on top of being a renowned superstar and probably one of the most talented women in the world. She is also a mother, a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
Beyonce created a story with this album, showing her vulnerability and her profound way of speaking out- When you watch LEMONADE and I say watch because you have to watch it, listening won’t have the same effect. You’ll understand why we really do call her Queen B- she has the ability to turn pain into storytelling, storytelling into a movie and a movie into money.
1. Black Girl Magic: Beyoncé gives us a history lesson and reminds black girls all over the world that we matter. She referenced Malcolm X’s quote ‘The most disrespected person in America is the Black woman, the most unprotected person in America is the Black woman’
2. New Squad goals: This image below is just powerful. Step aside Taylor Swift because a new squad is in town! Beyonces squad includes Zendaya, Amandla Sternberg, Chloe and Halle Bailey, Lisa-Kaindé and Naomi Diaz.
3. Black Lives STILL Matter: Beyoncé did not let us forget the slaughter of black boys in America and featured the Mothers of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown.
4. Strength: Beyoncé showed so many images and references of sisterhood and a woman’s strength to keep going, to keep fighting the battle of life! The best line ‘Ima keep running cos a winner don’t quit on themselves’ YAS!
5. Don’t take any crap from a man-PERIOD: What did Jay Z do? We have no idea but Queen B is not here for being taken for granted and neither should we!
6. Pain from a broken heart: Even Beyoncé knows how it feels to be betrayed by the one you love and shows it is okay for a moment to feel weak and helpless. She reminds us that every woman, no matter who you are can relate to the helplessness of a broken heart.
7. Forgiveness: I guess this is what Lemonade really is all about. Whatever life throws at you, make the best of it, remember the good and forgive.
Follow Shannie on Twitter @shannieloves