A few things I wish I could have told my younger self:
– Try not to take life too seriously, have more fun and just enjoy the journey!
– Don’t be afraid of making mistakes, everyone makes them; the important thing is that you learn and move on from them. I’ve made mistakes and still do and continue to learn every day!
– Don’t worry about what your friends have (i.e latest phone, clothes or make up), material things won’t bring happiness into your life! The best things in life are free, like true friendships, love and spending time with your family!
– Be extremely grateful for what you have, it will bring more happiness into your life! Make a gratitude list, it will do wonders and might surprise you too!
– You’re not alone when you feel down or low, speak up and get help! A problem shared is a problem halved. It doesn’t matter who you are, we all have feelings!
– The most important thing is to BELIEVE BELIEVE and BELIEVE in yourself! No one else will if you don’t!
– Dreams can come true… just have a little faith and patience
– Failure is just another opportunity to try again and do better! Stay positive and don’t give up!
– Trust your instincts, if it doesn’t feel right then it probably isn’t right!
– Forgive others but also remember to forgive yourself! Then move on…
– It’s okay to be yourself, not one person on this planet is the same! BE you and be proud! Don’t ever change yourself to please others!
– Respect yourself and your self-worth!
– Love your imperfections; we all have them, whether you are a super model or just the “normal” girl. Embrace it as they make you who you are, beautiful!
– Remember to give in life, real wealth is about giving!
– Sometimes we outgrow friendships. It doesn’t mean they’re bad or you’re bad. It just means you’re on different paths.
– Happiness comes from within. We spend way too much of our lives looking for outside validation and approval that eludes us. Turns out, it’s been an inside job all along.
– Never take things personally. What others do is a reflection of what’s going on in their own life and probably has little or nothing to do with you
– Life really is short! Don’t have regrets, go get what you want!
– Finally I don’t care what anyone else says… but CHOCOLATE is a fruit and one of your five a day, so go eat some chocolate!
Written by a Fabulous 26 year old lady