Are you a bright, talented young woman considering a future career in banking and finance?
Are you going to be starting your second or penultimate year at university after this summer?
If so, we are excited to announce a brand new initiative for you!
The Momentum Mentoring Scheme is a unique programme aiming to provide female undergraduates with an invaluable kickstart to their careers at a vital time.
Two of America’s biggest banking groups, Citi and State Street, have teamed up to provide this opportunity.
The mentoring is a structured scheme, formed of 5 mentoring meetings along with networking events at the start and end of the scheme. These will be taking place this summer, with around one meeting per week between the launch event during the first week of July and the graduation event in late-August. Each mentoring meeting has a set theme, so you and your mentor both know what subject you will discuss and there is some preparation that you will both complete in advance of your meeting. Each meeting theme is designed to provide you with the tools to succeed as you enter a critical stage in achieving your chosen career – these include subjects on employability, workplace skills and career planning.
If successful, you will be matched with a senior female representative from either Citi or State Street Global Advisors who will be your mentor and guide throughout the scheme.
If you are aiming for a career in banking and finance after you graduate, you will be applying for undergraduate schemes in the next 12 months and this will give you a real headstart – not to mention getting you on the radar of both State Street and Citi before their applications even open!
As you may know, internships at undergraduate level are critical to obtaining a graduate position – more 75% of graduates joining an investment bank this summer will have had previous experience with the same bank.
And best of all – as part of Momentum participants will complete a “business challenge”, and there will be some fantastic prizes on offer for the best solutions for the business challenge and a truly invaluable prize for the overall winner: a paid summer internship!
To be eligible for the Momentum programme, you must be:
– registered with the Brokerage CityLink (if you’re not already registered, you can do so very easily but you MUST have attended a London state school)
– starting your second or penultimate year at university after this summer
– able to meet the eligibility requirements for Citi’s undergraduate scheme (i.e at least 320 UCAS points at A level or equivalent and on course for at least a 2:1 at university)
– aiming for or interested in a future career in banking and finance
– able to commit to attending 5 hour-long mentoring meetings between July and the end of August at either Citi or State Street (both based in Canary Wharf), as well as completing around an hour or so of preparation work before each session (arranging the actual sessions is up to you and your mentor)
To apply, please email email@example.com to register with the Brokerage Citylink and include the following information and he will send you the application questionnaire:
-Your university, degree subject and expected year of graduation
-Your A level or equivalent results
– Confirmation that you can meet the eligibility requirements and commitments as outlined above
The deadline for completing the application questionnaire is Monday 23rd June at 9am.
Good Luck Girls!